Woots. For once! I finally have some bit of free time today... well it's actually already after working hours so... at least I'm not ending late today! Anyway I'd like to post an update on BLAST DVD.
As I said in my previous post... I came home last night to a big box on my desk! My DVD had arrived! Yatta! Opened the box together with my sis XD Well it was a 'sitting down together and going gaga over the box thing' (for one I wasn't even sitting down). I was darn freaking hot (weather is really hot in sg now) after just returning home, tired and we were trying to figure out how to open the damn box (they taped it really well).
Anyway I did watch disc 1 last night... My lappy asked me to change my dvd drive region to region 2... (I'm from region 3), and I did. 4 more changes left for me... only later did I google and find out that you can bypass the change by using vlc or another player.... dunnoe. Too late. I might have problem playing the Arashi DVD reprints I got from Taiwan/msia next time though... those should be region 3...? Didn't get asked to change regions before this. Pffft. Oh wells. Besides Arashi stuff I don't watch/buy other DVDs. (And even then, not often, I'm trying not to make a habit out of this)
Anyway, I think I have a new allergy...
To bad subs.
Bad subs again? You ask.
Yes. Again. And this time, it's really freaking vomiting blood kind of bad. And it's 'official' subs at that. Goodness. Like. Seriously.
JE hire me please?
I though not very good jweb translations were bad enough... but bad DVD subs! And it's Hawaii BLAST at that! Arashi! Of all their artists! And 15th year anniversary! In Hawaii! How many overseas fans will be watching the DVD and reading the subs and 1) believing the wrong thing, 2) wondering what the hell is going on with the bad English.
Sadly I didn't enjoy the concert much last night.
Not that the concert wasn't good. But just many other things that contributed to me not being able to enjoy myself properly while watching it.
1) I was tired.
2) I've been really busy at work, and I stayed till pretty late (by my standards) at work last night to finish an experiment... and the results showed that I the monster experiment I did last week just failed miserably. And it was at a step that shouldn't have any problems too. Just usual pipetting, which I'm really good at. I can't possibly mess that up. Honest! So yeah... Not in a particularly joyful mood yesterday. Have been too busy to even be excited about BLAST DVD leaks/release so...
(Side note on the experiment: I think it's the protocol not being optimised, and not a mistake on my part. Phew.)
3) I was really, really pissed at the bad subs. Well the subs goes like this... they let you pick with you want to watch with or without subtitles. Of course I picked the with option. And then there's all their song lyrics, the 'aloha' and what not...
Then there are video inserts, if you read the set list, or concert reports you'll know that they showed videos of Arashi going to visit the harbour, to see the boat they debut in... and visit some road they went to 15 years ago. Those parts are English subbed. (Japanese subs are there too.) I guess they subbed it for the actual live concert so that overseas fans can understand. Only that it's badly subbed. All the hallmarks of a bad subbed video! Missing lines, wrong meaning, bad grammar... If it's for the actual concert... ok, it's rushed (but still, I could have done a way better job in a single day)... but for the DVD? Couldn't they at least get someone to vet and edit it? Even the English is off! That's just... arghs seriously!
There's also parts where they asked each member for their thoughts. I guess this was filmed way in advance, the subs were of better quality. Still spotted a few wrongly translated things though. Including a really ridiculous one. Subs say that Aiba said: so we are really putting great fire.
He was talking about the concerts... putting great fire? Huh?! Like what? Suddenly talking about them playing with fire? Or the fire ball effects? o.O
Actually, he said 気合い入れて, and in the context it meant to give it their all. And this is really elementary Japanese too...
No seriously JE? I'm sure good translators in Japan are dime a dozen. Can you hire a good translator? At least for 'important' things like the DVD? If not, just don't include any subs?
Heck, even I can do a way better job than that! And that's really ridiculous!
4) No MC parts. AGAIN. Freaking JE. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
MCs are seriously my favourite part. WHY NO MC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm crying now cos of that. I don't think it's in disc 2 either?
5) No ending speech either. WTH? They used day 1 footage... where Ohno cried in his ending speech... if you don't want to show the crying parts then... at least cut in the day 2 ending speech for us? T.T Or will this be in the documentary?
6) Day 1 footage. No raining scene. I heard that it's in disc 2 though! That's great. I really hope that it's in disc 2. I wanna see!!!
So yeah... overall I didn't enjoy myself much while watching it yesterday. I think my mood had a lot to do with why I didn't enjoy it last night though. And I've not watched disc 2 so I hope some of the missing parts are in disc 2.
Woots it's so late already hahaha!
Ok! Photos! Then I'm heading HOME!( Photos! Loads of them! )
That's all for now! Hope you'll get your copy of the DVD/Bluray soon too! (if you ordered that is :P)